Added On: Monday, November 14, 2005

High Fidelity














I just got done watching High Fidelity for the third time and have come to the same conclusion, I absolutely love this movie. For those of you who have not watched it, buy the dvd, it will be a worthy addition to your collection.

If you have a lot of time on your hands I recommend reading the book first and then watching the movie. In the movie, John Cusack plays Rob Gordon, a record store owner and compulsive list maker who has trouble maintaining relationships. When he gets dumped by Laura (Iben Hjejle,) his most recent girlfriend, he reconsiders his life and rexamines his troubled past.

You'll also find the prominent Jack Black playing Cusack's counter part at the record store. He is witty, sassy and his rendition of Marvin Gaye's 'Let's get it on' got my bopping smiley head's approval. Catherine Zeta Jones is also in this one. She plays one of Cusack's love interest who dumps him for a sunnier bloke. Best of all the movie is shot in Chicago which seems the perfect backdrop to this sharp melancholic romantic comedy.

My favorite quotes from the movie:

Rob
: My desert island, all-time, top-five most memorable breakups, in chronological order, are as follows: Alison Ashmore; Penny Hardwick; Jackie Alden; Charlie Nicholson; and Sarah Kendrew. Those were the ones that really hurt. Can you see your name on that list, Laura? Maybe you'd sneak into the top ten. But there's just no room for you in the top five, sorry. Those places are reserved for the kind of humiliation and heartbreak you're just not capable of delivering.

Rob: Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains.

Rob: I can see now I never really committed to Laura. I always had one foot out the door, and that prevented me from doing a lot of things, like thinking about my future and... I guess it made more sense to commit to nothing, keep my options open. And that's suicide. By tiny, tiny increments.


It's an awesome movie to watch with your loved ones or with your buds, gets my two thumbs up.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool dude. Thanks for sharing. I will have to watch it:)

http://www.HaidongJi.com

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Suraj said...

they make a movie with a character like me in it, and it becomes a friggin hit ! now u c y people find me interesting????!!!!! :P

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home