Added On: Sunday, February 04, 2007

Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In XXXXO

I have not read any books on negotiation before this so when a friend of mine recommended that I pick this book up to refine my negotiation skills, I wasted no time. First of all the writers are from a group (Harvard Negotiation Project) that deals continually with all levels of negotiation and conflict negotiation. The Harvard Negotiation Project is part of the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, a consortium of scholars and projects from Harvard, MIT, Simmos, and Tufts working to improve the theory and practice of conflict resolution. If that is not credible enough, I don't know what is.

If you are looking for out-of-this-world-strategies in here, I will have to burst your bubble. There won't be anything in this book which you do not already know at some level of your experience. What these guys have done is to organize common sense and common experience in a way that provides a usable framework for thinking and acting. Reading this book was half the battle, learning from doing is the other half. I can feel that I am now a little calmer and way more confident when I am negotiating so yes, it definitely helped me. The text is often deep and many paragraphs require a re-read, that's because I really wanted the material to sink in. I have decided I will re-read this book in a month or two, so this one gets 4 stars.

Read Other Reviews

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home